A funny thing happened…..on the way to starting my new website.
Way back in April on my other blog, I said goodbye and rattled off a whole list of things that I was going to do. As can often happen, the best laid plan can sometimes go awry.
If you don’t feel like clicking the link above to refresh your memory, then check out the short bullet list below:
- Join Weight Watchers
- Start walking nearly every day
- Move across the state
- Drive to New Hampshire with my sister to attend the NSNC conference
- Go to Niagara Falls (This wasn’t on the list but it was so much fun I included it.)
- Lose some weight
- Sleep on a table for two weeks in the camper while camping at Ft. Clinch in Florida
- Reintroduce myself to the cats after being on the road for a month
- Build a new website
This is a really substantial list, but the funny thing is I completed everything on the list but building a new website. Believe me, I tried.
I purchased a basic plan and build a basic site. What didn’t come with the basic plan was a way for me to have a basic blog. Or a complex blog for that matter. Plus, the limited trial that came with the basic plan only lasted for a month or so and I discovered that two days before I was scheduled to leave. Can you say Panic At The Disco?
Here’s another list for you:
- I’m not a programmer
- I’m not a developer
- I’m not a designer
- AND, I’m not even going to pretend that I slept in a Holiday Inn last night.
I threw something together and panicked for a whole month because it looked like crap. So, here we are–several months after the fact–and I am writing a REAL blog for the first time on my new-I-sort-of-now-know-what-I’m-doing-but-there-is-room-for-improvement-site.
The funny thing is I really missed writing my stories at the old site and I’m excited to see where things are going here. New beginnings are what life is about, so stick around–there’s more to come.
P.S. Mom says hi!